Visit 24 hrs help for more information on Banco de Chile International Clients.
Home / Why Us? / How to obtain a Checking Account
How to obtain a Checking Account
For opening a Checking Account in Banco de Chile, the requirements – as established by the Superintendencia de Bancos e Instituciones Financieras (SBIF) – are the following:
- Prove an identity through the Cédula de Identidad (identity card) and the RUT (taxpayer number) of the interested person. This procedure is also required for foreigners.
- Recent photography, passport sized.
- Right-thumb fingerprint on the personal file kept by the bank.
- Updated banking reports of the interested person.
- Record of the signature that will be used on checks.
- Submitting background related to the activity and reliability, as incomes, assets and debts.
- Verification of the client´s home address.
- Signing a document with the general conditions about the Checking Account that is being opened.